Complete the 2018 paper submission form [HERE]
Complete the 2018 cover contest submission form [HERE]
Make sure to provide a working email. We will use this email for correspondence regarding submission supplementary materials, revisions, and acceptance notifications.
The deadline for submission to the Spring 2018 issue of WURJ is by April 2018. Submissions received after this date will be considered for rolling publication in the Spring 2019 issue.
You may choose to prepare and format your submission using the current and general IEEE layout as an alternative and acceptable submission format. If you choose to do this, please still submit your paper as a .doc or .docx file.
- The primary author must be an undergraduate student at Worcester Polytechnic Institute or a visiting undergraduate student funded by a summer internship (REU, SURF, etc.).
- Your submitted manuscript must concern original research.
- Your submitted manuscript cannot be published or undergoing review in another undergraduate research journal.
- The primary author must be willing to work with the WURJ editors in revising the submission if it is selected or seriously considered for publication.
- The author(s) must consent to publication if their manuscript is selected for publication.
- If needed, the author(s) publication must obtain prior institutional (IRB, company, professional, etc.) approval to be published in WURJ.
*Contact us in advance to submitting your paper if you are unsure of your eligibility.
MANUSCRIPT PREPARATION & FORMATTING
- Your submission may not exceed 5 pages of text, not including references.
- Your manuscript should be 1.5 spaced with 12-point font, Times New Roman, and standard 1” margins.
- Your manuscript should be submitted in Word (DOC or DOCX) format.
- Your writing should be clear, logical, and free from typographical or grammatical errors.
- Include a 150-200 word, non-technical summary of the paper for the summary page as well as a 40-60 word summary for the website.
STRUCTURE & STYLE
- The manuscript should be of similar style and structure to that of typical articles published in other professional journals.
- Your submission should include sections for an Abstract, Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusion, Acknowledgements, References, and Figures/Tables.
- Numbers should be spelled out, unless used as measurements, years, ages, dates, and percentages.
- All numbers should be spelled out if used to begin a sentence.
FIGURES & TABLES
- Figures and figure legends should be included at the end of the main text.
- All figures must be appropriately referenced (e.g. Fig. 1) and include legends in text format.
- Tables should be submitted in text format.
- For plots and graphs, axes should be clearly marked and legible. Figures should be clearly labeled if applicable.
- If a manuscript is selected or seriously considered for publication, the editorial staff may request high-resolution figures.
- ZIP attachments may be requested upon acceptance.
REFERENCES & IN-TEXT CITATIONS
- Citations should be numerical, bracketed, and embedded within the main text . More than one reference should be either comma separated [1,3] or dashed [1-5].
- Use parentheses for cross-referencing material (see Table 1).
- References should be formatted as follows: Authors (Year). Title. Journal/Book. Volume, Page Numbers.
- Reference formatting tools like Zotero and EndNote are highly recommended.
- If there are more than four authors, et al. should follow, no comma preceding
 Lowry, OH, Rosebrough, NJ, Farr, AL & Randall, RJ et al. (1951). Protein measurement with the folin phenol reagent. J. Biol. Chem. 193, 265–275.
Please consult the Writing Center for more information, questions, and assistance with submission preparation.
If you or your department is interested in being involved as a reviewer, organizer, or graphical design artist for WURJ (graduate and undergraduate students), please send your correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org.